Thursday, February 11, 2010

People broke both side windows of Ahmadinejad supporter’s car | Direct report of clashes

People broke both side windows of Ahmadinejad supporter’s car | Direct report of clashes

picture archive

Iran News Agency - INA interviews a youth from today’s demonstration:

Around 10:15 am, my friends and I reached Arya Shahr. Then we wanted to follow Kashani highway to enter Sadeghiyeh Square to counter Basij forces. We were beaten up and taken away. We saw people going toward Ferdowsi Boulevard and the main core [of people] was formed there. People broke both sides windows of a car who supported Ahmadinejad.

A motorcycle arrived with three Baisjis on it. People stopped them and beat up the Basijis and set the motorcycle on fire.

Most of the slogans were “Death to Dictator” and “Death to Khamenei.” Also, In Sadeghiyeh’s Etelaresani [a section of Sadeghiyeh neighbourhood], everybody was beaten up. People had gathered from Sheikh Fazlolah Street and upwards. We got in a car and saw how crowded Ayatollah Kashani Highway. They were beating people there too. There were a lot of them and I haven’t seen so many Basijis in demonstrations before. I got a blow in my chin. One of them carried a knife but I couldn’t get the knife from them as I was constantly running away.

Translation by: Reza Eshteraki
Persian2English.com

No comments:

Post a Comment